So. Take a cool name and add a little city importance, you get this:
- Van Ness Extension. Like hell if we’re going to think up a new name. Let’s just slap “extension” on it, even though it’s over a mile away.
- West. Because it actually goes North & South.
- Ivy League School Series. Yale. Harvard and the other ones and stuff.
- Bullard. When you drive through Fresno State’s fields you can go all fast and there is the slight danger of a tractor crossing your path.
- Palm. Premier bike lanes in the city – suck it, Brandau.
- Shaw. It sounds like something Wayne or Garth says, in place of “AS if!” “ShaWW right.”
- Fulton. Part of the lazy “just use San Fransico street names” series.
- Blackstone. It has all the things; even HOOKERS! Wait. Blackstone still has hookers, right?
- Fresno. Duh.
- Friant. It’s also a dam. It’s dangerous. It totally flooded by Woodward Park the other day.
- Weldon. Fun to say. Wel Don. Weldon. Weldadadon.
- Fruit. Because fruit is what makes the cash around these parts and I have a totally “legally purchased” Fruit sign on my work bench.
Not making the list is Ashlan, Tuolumne and McKinley, because they are hard to spell.
Please follow and like us: