A new blog series where, in a crudely drawn map format, I write down memories and random thoughts about a Fresno intersection.
I am trying to keep a record for myself and maybe jog a memory or two for you.
Good luck trying to read my sloppy and quickly drawn map of the intersection of Shaw & Blackstone (Or do you say Blackstone & Shaw?).
Anyway, with the exception of the current Heroes Comics, Rocket Dog, Electronic Billboard and Vineyard Farmers Market, the map is all old references.
- The old convenience store at the Vineyard was a great place to get baseball cards that weren’t Topps.
- Nothing compares to the old conversation pit in the Peppermill bar.
- I can’t remember the name of the sporting goods store my old step-grandad worked at.
- I miss both locations of Plaza Ventana.
- I miss all the Wavelengths too.
- When that Electronic Billboard went in it was like “Oh we’re big-time now?”
- Bring back Circuit City please.
- That video store is gone now, right? It’s the only store in town I ever noticed having a “red door” for the adult section.
- How and why is there still an empty lot right next to a freeway and on a major street!? One of those kind of property owners that just sits on it forever, hoping to make some huge payday, I assume.
There you have it. My first Memory Map post. I would like to think I’ll get better at the map part, just wanted to get this up before I talked myself out of it.
Feel free to share your memories or home made maps in the comments or on Twitter.