Fulton 55 has two shows with returning (again) Fresno legends. The CYC has goes all weekend long, Starline has Layne Staley as a girl and KFSR could use your donations. ALL in this weeks… BANDGEEK!:
THE CYC: Wow this all California lineup is kinda huge with… hugeness. Joyce Manor (Torrance), TSOSIS (Elk Grove), Tidemouth (Santa Clarita), New York Taxi (Glendora), Mane Horse (Fresno), Fast Car (Fresno) and Tough Stuff (Garden Grove):
KUPPAJOE: Check it: The Roos, Saving Temperance, Mongrel City, Wise Cub, & Frontier:
AUDIE'S OLYMPIC: Metal up with Fe Talis, 9th Level, Ruthless, and Hymn of Rlyeh:
FULTON 55: So bigtime Fresno rock dudes, Six Ounce Gloves, are still around and don't seem to be going away after all. Speaking of, just when you thought rising Fresno metal band, Mercury Bullet, had gone away too THEY have come back big. "New" Fresno rock band Relax Reload (seems like maybe it's Say Swear), will open it up:
STARLINE: Mix it up with locals Dislodic, The Dirty Dirties, Siren Singing and The Long Black Veils:
THE LAMP POST: Like seeing some acts, that normally play the under 21 circuit, playing at the Lamp Post. Restaurnaut, Fatty Cakes, and Control Noodle. [$0, 9pm, 21+]
Continue reading “BANDGEEK!: Fast Cars, Blake Joneses, Wise Cubs, Motel Drives, Six Ounces and Wild Blues”
Thanks to some person's Facebook post (guess Facebook is good for something every once in a while), we found a cool video about the famous Rolling Stones concert at Ratcliffe Stadium. NOOOO we weren't old enough to be there, just heard about it and junk.
Take it away, Rich Rodriquez and Dan Godwin:
Hey Dorktown listeners, long and interesting one with local musician Luke Freeman from Brother Luke and the Comrades. The Dorktown crew gets to drink some beer and hang out with Luke and talk about a buncha cool junk. Stuff like:
- Bubba is not gay and grants wishes.
- Does home-schooling produce assholes? Nope.
- Mikey was bullied… let's all cry about it.
- Bells went to Fresno High?
- The beginnings of Luke's music life.
- Weeknight shows can be rough.
- Grilled cheese sandwiches in Clovis.
- MUSIC BREAK: Brother Luke plays live!
- What is Baja Sauce?
- Dorktown gets sad.
- ValleyWho and Mike Oz.
- The lowdown on Luke's VVV's residency.
- FONZY EYYYS!
- FCC and Master.
There's a healthy amount of swearing so look out.
Click the file below to listen!:
Make sure to look in on Luke playing with special guest musicians at Veni Vidi Vici's, Monday nights all through April!
Dorktown is also available on iTunes. Go like Dorktown's Face. Email the show: firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Picture of Luke stolen from local stud, Ryan C. Jones]
A St. Patrick's Day Weekend in Fresno is just like any other weekend in Fresno: Lots of drinking and lots of live local music. It's BANDGEEEEK!!:
KUPPAJOE: Awwww, Kady Danger, look at them down there. Such sweet boys. Sweet boys THAT FUCKING PLAY BADASS METAL! Raise some money for their tour and see Your Hero Is A Villain, Head Over Heals, Infinate and The Day I Ate The Moon:
AUDIE'S OLYMPIC: Experience the Russian return of Igor & The Red Elvises… the Mofo Party Band must break them:
FULTON 55: Yet another interesting event by the Soulflower Group:
STARLINE: Fresno rock band, Gutterfish, will play embassador to Sweedish bands The Quill and Birch Hill Dam. Opening is Outside The Wire:
Continue reading “BANDGEEK!: Bands Are Going To Be Doing WHAT This Weekend Exactly?”
This ValleyWho thing by those Beehivers is genius. Like Fresno Famous said yesterday, we're pissed we didn't do this first. But, then again, it looks like it was a lot of work so screw it. Congrats, Beehive.
If you haven't figured it out yet, ValleyWho is a tournament modeled after the NCAA basketball tourney (Go Lady Dogs!) except college basketball teams are replaced by local celebrities. Everyone votes to try and get their picks moved on. Cool shit.
Before we throw our stupid opinions out there, we give a solid fist bump to the Beehive for putting this out there and creating a balanced-as-you-could-realistically-get bracket. That said, we would have like to seen Tony D, Tom Flores, Famous Whitewater, Margie Wright, Henry Ellard and the Guitar Playing Sign Twirller at Shaw & Blackstone up in there.
Some other things we feel like being a dick about:
- Anthony Taylor a 13 seed? Seriously? That's some friends propping up friends stuff right there. Only us local Internet nerds know Taylor and we don't think he's even been around Fresno for very long, has he?
- Parker (a 16 seed) going up against William Sorayan is worrisome. The Grizzlies are going to rally around this and probably bump Bill out in the first round. Sadness.
- Graciela will likely be battling Bubba in the second round. Too damn early for tough decisions like this. That goes for other second round problems like Seaver vs. Radka and Tark vs. Laval.
- Crazy Bernie is in this? Hasn't he only been around a few months? Plus, the creepy as hell picture of him on his sign and billboards insures that we will never buy furniture in that fuckers place, ever.
A printed version is in today's Bee. Go vote here. This should be fun. Check out our bracket after the jump:
Continue reading “Do This: Fill Out A ValleyWho Bracket”
Bullard rules. Clovis West does not – neither does Long Beach Poly.