VOICE IN MY HEAD: What the hell are you doing posting about Fulton Mall Street then!?
ME: I dunno, bro, I gotta post about something! People expect, you know, something.
VOICE IN HEAD: Jesus, you suck at blogging and this is already boring.
But you see, a big thing happened on Fulton today. To make room for cars they moved the Clock Tower across the “street”. I guess the time had come…
I know this because it was all over local social today.
It was on Facebook:
— City of Fresno (@CityofFresno) July 18, 2017
A big day in Downtown Fresno! The 1964 clock tower has officially been moved over (several feet) to its new location on the corner of Fulton & Mariposa. Here you can see it being lifted into the air, just before it was carefully placed in its new home just a couple steps over. The clock tower was moved to accommodate for the return of Fulton Street. #fresnohistory #downtownfresno #art #fresno
On Google Plus: Just kidding, nobody posts on there anymore.
There is even video:
ICYMI: Crews successfully relocated the Fulton Clock Tower to its new location, not far from where it stood for decades pic.twitter.com/rfnkoB6cbM
— City of Fresno (@CityofFresno) July 19, 2017
So now that’s out of the way, the City Of Fresno feels confident enough to announce a Grand Opening date for cruising Fulton Street. That date is October 21st!
You may be like me and have questions about this Fulton Street and its October (yeah, we’ll see) opening. Let’s go through a few:
- Will there be asphalt? Yes.
- Will there be room for two cars? Yes.
- Will there be room for Clovis dually trucks? No.
- Will the fountains work? Supposedly.
- Will Parker get in some sort of zany wreck on Fulton Street? One can hope.
- Will there be parking meters? Yes.
- Will I have to learn how to parallel park? Yes. It seems that parallel will be the parking style of choice, down Fulton.
- Will I be able to get drunk on the sidewalk? Hopefully. And if Fieldwork opens up a taproom on Fulton? For sure.
- Will that old buffass dude with the boombox still be blasting on Fulton? Yes – he will find a way.
So I’ll see ya out there in October, I guess, fighting for a parking spot. Actually, I probably won’t even try and end up parking in front of Tioga like I always do.
*top pic stolen from City of Fresno’s Twitter feed.